Thursday, August 9, 2007

mr. & mrs. pumpkin

These cute little pumpkins just looked like Mr. & Mrs. to me when the card was finished! Maybe it's just me?!...It took me a long time to do this one...I couldn't get the creative juices flowin' as quick as I wanted to. Oh well...it's done now and for now I am satisfied. I did a 5 1/2 square card. I used my Cuttlebug and swirl embossing folder on the pumpkin pie paper. I sponged the swirls with pumpkin ink, but you can't really tell in the pic. I backed it in white, sponged with pumpkin pie cuz the white alone was too bright to me. I stamped the pumpkins with black on pumpkin pie cardstock and did the stems on river rock paper. I used the swirl from Baroque Motifs to get a vine look behind the pumpkins. I added a little plum paper, some black ribbon and brads and I was finally finished!! {makes me wish it was fall...playin' with pumpkin stamps and after the heat today here in the Houston suburbs...I am wishin' for the cooler fall weather!!}
what's in it?...
stamps...Autumn Harvest, Baroque Motifs
paper...black, white, pumpkin pie, wild wasabi, perfect plum, river rock
ink...black, wild wasabi, pumpkin pie, perfect plum
accessories...black ribbon & brads
other...stamp-a-ma-jig, paper piercer, glue dots, sponge, Cuttlebug, distresser

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This card is adorable, love the pumpkings - just signed up for a Halloween Swap at Kim's Crafty Me blog.

Jenn D said...

These pumpkins are just adorable. I wish I had preorderd this set too.

Kathy W said...

What a cute card. You can tell that the CB swirls have ink; they pop out a bit in the picture. Like the way you inked the white, and the brads are the perfect accent. Thanks for sharing.

Samm said...

this is very cute! I love those stamps!

Samm
x

Anonymous said...

Too Cute Tara!!! Love how the faces brings thoes pumpkins to life!!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling couple! Sweet card!