Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Subway Art....my version

For Family Night a few weeks ago (actually it's more like a few months ago, who am I kidding?!)...anyway we all sat down a made a list for each one of the kids and came up with words that described that person. I took the lists and made my own version of "Subway Art" for the kids to hang in their rooms. I thought it would be a fun way for me to be creative and play with my vinyl and also a great keepsake for the kids. They will have a fun reminder of all the great things we thought of them in 2010!
I love how Kailee's turned out. I bought 16x20 canvas and painted it black. I used teal and white vinyl. I am a little bit picky so I spent a ton of time ( I won't even admit to how many hours) getting the image just right. I wanted the fonts to also express Kailee...which I think it does! She loves it and I love it! I have started on Austin's...we'll see how long it takes me to get it done....1 down, 3 to go!
**I also learned that vinyl doesn't stick so well to canvas. So after I got it all on there I painted a layer of modge podge over the whole thing!! {{Also I am pretty impressed with myself...I made the books on there all by myself from scratch!!!}}

4 comments:

Karen Scott Welker said...

TOOO awesome. Please post the other 3 projects. I won't even give you a hard time about how long it takes.

Shelley said...

Cute, Tara. Love how is so personalized.

Carissa said...

VERY cool idea. I love this! I just got a Silhouette and (even though I'm a bit intimidated to take it out of the box) I can't wait to get my hands on some vinyl! Thanks for all the great ideas!

Kim said...

Wow, this is great! I really love this project--very creative!