Sunday, April 13, 2008

a scrapbook bag

It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon here is Katy! I wish this gorgeous blue sky, light breeze, all the windows open, 75 degree weather was what we got year round!!...{a girl can dream} Shawn is getting the grill ready for us to BBQ and the kids are playing. So I thought I would sneak away for just a minute to do a quick post! So I am pretty darn impressed with myself! My sister is having a shower in May and I can' t be there but I wanted to get her a little something. I am sending a gift to my mom to take with her to the shower. I was wondering what I could do to make the gift bag cute and unique! Well this is what I came up with. I know Carly has mentioned starting a scrapbook and baby albums and wanting to preserve those precious memories of her baby girl. So I took a kraft colored gift bag and decorated the front of the bag with a scrapbook page. I made it small enough that she can add it to whatever size album she decides to use. I carefully adhered the white paper so that she can gently remove it without damaging the page. I used the Crew Girl Simply Scrappin' Kit from Stampin' Up! I LOVE this scrap kit...I love the colors and all the "stuff" in it is sooo fun. I think she will like it and most of all I thought I was pretty creative!! Don't pay any attention to me while my arm is recovering from pattin' myself on the back!! <-----this little guy says it all Have a good rest of your weekend!!
{{luv ya...mean it....Tara}}
what's in it?...
paper...regal rose, whisper white,
wild wasabi
accessories...silver brads, rose ribbon, wild wasabi ds ribbon

other...Crew Girls scrap kit, dimensionals, kraft gift bag, staples

5 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

HOw precious! And clever!! A bag AND a scrapbook page, love it! It's funny you commented on the weather...I did the same thing on my blog today about the Dallas weather and how we only get about 2 nice weekends a year like this!

Ila said...

What a wonderful project and so pretty!...just fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

This is BRILLIANT and you should be patting yourself on the back!! Thanks for sharing,

Courtney C.

Anonymous said...

What a clever and very cute idea!

Tiffany said...

This is such an adorable idea!!! You did such a great job! Big Hugs,
Tiff