Wednesday, August 20, 2008

butterfly sparkle

It's Wednesday...I finally have a day to sorta relax! Since I had nothing pressing and we woke up at 7:00 {we are slowly easing our way into school mode} I decided to start the day off with some stamping! I wandered over to the 2 Sketches 4 You blog to see what the challenge was this week...another great sketch! Those girls are so creative!! {and a big Thank You to Angie for turning me on to on their blog!} I used my Garden Whimsy butterfly which has hardly seen ink since I got it! It's a shame I know! I also tried out some Dazzling Diamonds, my 1st time {gasp}! You should be fully awake before messing with embossing powders or glitter though...I dumped my whole jar of heat and stick powder all over the floor! {ugh...} I flipped through the new catalog to find a color combo and used the colors from the Sweet Always paper. I had a hard time making a nice corner with the scallops...so if anyone has any tips!!! {please share} After a 3rd try though I gave up and just stuck with this one! Oh well...
Have a fantastic day...chat at ya later!
what's in it?...
stamps...Garden Whimsy

paper...pumpkin pie, regal rose, whisper white, regal rose dsp (Crew Girl Scrap Kit)

ink...regal rose, chocolate chip, pumpkin pie, versamark

accessories...dazzling diamonds, white brads, chocolate ribbon
other...stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, scallop punch, paper piercer, heat and stick powder, heat tool

16 comments:

Jeni said...

love the sparkle and those colors!

MEL said...

So pretty! The butterfly looks really pretty I like how you used two differnt colors on it. Hmmm...maybe I need this set. :D

shannon said...

Very pretty! I love pink and I love sparkles!

Unknown said...

That sparkley butterfly is really lovely :) So I cheat with my scallops in situations like this. I will use two separate pieces of paper - overlapping the one over the other so the scallop join fits perfectly :) Now you know my trade secret!

Lea L. said...

Loving the sparkely goodness! Great job with the sketch this week!

~Lea

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, love this! The glittery butterfly is beautiful and I love these colors too! Glad you had a relaxing day!

Rosanne said...

Very pretty, love the butterfly!

Kathryn said...

Fantastic card -- the glitter is so very pretty and I love that butterfly!

Lisette Gibbons said...

I love your colour combo on this card and the butterfly is so pretty.

Joke said...

very lovely card.

Joke

Laurel said...

Fabulous job with the sketch! I have had the sketch sitting at my desk all week, to try but have been scrapping instead. Thanks for the inspiration!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

your cards always look so fantastic. Love your talent!

Our Complete Family said...

Oh what ADORABLE cards these last few entries hold! Loved seeing them today!!! Happy almost the weekend to you! Les

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the sketch - just adore that sparkly butterfly
Kath
xxxx

Kim said...

Love that sparkly butterfly! Hope you can stop by my blog, there's alittle something there for you (8/26 post) :)
www.kjskorner.blogspot.com

Corie said...

This is gorgeous -- love the bling