Wednesday, September 5, 2007

flowery friend

Happy Wednesday morning...I can't believe the week is half over already...Labor Day has thrown me off! I took a few minutes last night while Shawn was tucking in kids to do this card. I got an idea while I was eating dinner and decided to see if I could make something of it. I think it turned out ok. This was the first time I have used my office paper since I bought it months and months ago! I love the flowers in the office set and wanted to do something with them in these colors. I love the blue, pink and green combo! I used a piece of white textured cardstock for my card base. {the card is 5 1/2 square} I layered my choc. chip paper with inked edges under my office DSP...then I added the ribbon and a photo corner. I used my Color Coach to choose some Dynamic Duo colors, so I could do a lighter colored flower and a darker center. I like the look of the 3 brads making the center of the flower..that was one reason I wanted to try this card out. I popped a couple of the flowers up on glue dots. I finished with the friend sentiment from Boatloads of Love {minus the 'ship'} and added some stickles to just the celery flower edge. Have a fabulous day!!...thanks for checkin' in! :)
what's in it?...
stamps...Office Accoutrement, Boatloads of Love (sentiment)
paper...whisper white, white textured, chocolate chip, Notations DSP, regal rose, old olive
ink...chocolate chip, soft sky, blue bayou, regal rose, rose red, certainly celery, old olive
accessories...brads, light blue, white & old rose ribbon (all from RABOM), crystal stickles
other...photo corner punch, glue dots

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turend out great Tara!! I havn't used my paper yet either!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

I love all the colors in this card. Very trendy--I would so wear an outfit with those colors! lol

Shabbychick Junk said...

Hiya! Just popping in to say Hi and thanks for linking me! You have cute cute stuff on your blog! Nice to meet you! :) Lisa Z

Megan said...

I will for sure need to escape long before the teenage years hit with all these girls! I am already getting a fill for it and Taylore is not even 9 yet, although I think I get more of it from my drama queen 5 year old McKenna!

corinnesomerville said...

Wow, Tara...this is beautiful and I also love the little band aid tin with card you made too !!! Soooo cute !!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, no one can resist this stuff .... just so you are warned! *grin* That being said ... you know you're really on the right path! Great stuff!

Angie Tieman said...

Great card! Love how you layered the corner pieces, that never occurred to me!