Friday, October 5, 2007

Blog Candy Winner

Ok...Hope everyone is having a great Friday and that your weekend will be relaxing and fun!! I hope mine will be relaxing!...and filled with a little stampin'!! :)
*The winner for the blog candy is...
Melissa...here is her comment 'All right...everyone who has posted on here HAS to give up their recipes! I'd love to have some new pumpkin recipes. . .so give em up! :)That being said, I don't know that I have a favorite thing I bake in the fall. I love to bake anyways. . .so I guess it's more chocolate chip cookies for me. I do have my favorite candle to burn in the fall though. . .Mulled Cider from Gold Canyon Candles. Whenever I burn it, my boys tell me it smells like fall!Love the stuff on your blog!' Congrats Melissa...just contact me {fabfullmers@yahoo.com} with your snail mail and I will send your goodies out right away!! Thanks to all of you who submitted comments they were all great!!...and all the yummy fall treat ideas...I am making pumpkin bread this afternoon...I am sooo craving it now!! AND...I am with Melissa...share those recipes...if you want to, leave it in comment section of this post and I will get them all typed up to share with everyone!!
Also thanks to PattyJo for this yummy recipe that she shared....
Pumpkin Pie recipe:
combine: 1 1/2 c. cooked pumpkin
3/4 c. sugar
1/2tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3 beaten eggs1 1/4 c. milk
3/4 c. evaporated milk
Put first 6 ingredients into a bowl and mix thoroughly, blend in eggs and milk.Put into a crust lined pie tin and bake 450 for 10 min. Then 325 for 45 min.This is the BEST pumpkin pie recipe and we grow our own pumpkins for this.
...and thanks to Rebecca who shared this one...
Nutty Apple Streusel Dessert
6 c. sliced, peeled tart apples
1 1/4 tsps ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
3/4 c. milk
2 Tbs butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c. biscuit/baking mix
TOPPING:1 c. biscuit/baking mix1/3 c. packed brown sugar3 Tbs cold butter1/2 c. sliced almonds (I think I had walnuts, so used those)Ice cream or whipped cream, optional
HOW TO: In a large bowl, toss apples with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Place in a greased 3-qt slow cooker. In a mixing bowl, combine the milk, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and baking mix. Spoon over apples.
For topping, combine biscuit mix and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Add almonds; sprinkle over apples. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until the apples are tender. (I think mine was done in 3-4 hours, so it may depend on your slow cooker). Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
I hope to do some stampin' tonight...{big Friday night since hubby is out of town!!} ;) So check back tomorrow for something new!!
...Tara

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Wow. . .thanks Tara! So excited that I won! I just sent you an email. And thanks to the ladies who shared their recipes. Guess I need to get busy and try some of them out!