Monday, January 26, 2009

a birdie mailbox

Hello my long lost friends! I feel like it has been forever since I have been able to stamp, blog or do anything else that wasn't related to the Wizard of Oz! The shows were this past weekend and Kailee and Ty did fabulous! The whole show was wonderful...the cast was excellent! Ty loved being a munchkin and I think he has been bitten by the acting bug! He wants to continue to do more plays! There are a couple pictures at the bottom of this post of Kailee and Ty in their munchkin attire!
Alright...on to the crafty schtuff! I know these mailboxes have been made and seen a bajillion times! I made tons when they first became so popular a few years ago! I couldn't resist buying 2 more though when I went to Target and saw them in silver. (I am pretty sure I still have a box of white ones in my closet somewhere) I made this to give as a teacher gift. It can be used year round and not just for Valentines with this cute Good Morning Sunshine dsp. This also gave me a reason to pull out some of my new stuff that has been sitting on my stamp table being neglected! I stamped the bird from the Good Friend stamp set on Pacific Blue paper in versamark ink and embossed it with clear powder. I used apricot and kiwi ribbons. I am excited to fill it full of goodies and send to one of the kids teachers! Our teachers are so wonderful...I feel like I can never do enough to show my gratitude!!!
Have a great start to your week! chat at ya later
what's in it?...
stamps...Good Friend

paper...Good Morning Sunshine dsp. white, pacific blue, chocolate chip, apricot appeal
ink...chocolate chip, summer sun, kiwi kiss, versamark

accessories...clear embossing powder. kiwi kiss and apricot ribbon

other...1/2 in. & 1 3/4 in. circle punch, sticky strip

5 comments:

Jeni said...

That mailbox is so cute! I did get pink ones at Target for V-day...that's the only colore ours had but I am going to keep my eye out for the silver.

I LOVE the Wizard of Oz...I collect Wizard of Oz stuff too. Your kids look so very cute!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

WOW! How dang dang dang cute!

And what cute pics on the bottom. :)

Angie Tieman said...

Oooooh, how stinkin' cute! I'm so jealous of your cute new goodies, keep 'em coming!

Priscilla said...

Oh my gosh this mailbox is sooo cute! Thanks for sharing! :o)

Linda McClain said...

Tara, this is freakin' adorable. I think it's the cutest tarbog mail box I've seen yet. Dang, I may have to get that bird stamp afterall.