Thursday, February 28, 2008

a cherry treat & birthday cards

Ughh...My internet was down all day yesterday and this morning I was finally able to get back on {after a lengthy phone call to customer service}...but I feel like I missed out on so much...really I didn't...cuz I have gone one whole day before without being on the computer! It's different though when you are too busy to get on and when your internet service provider says there is an outage...then really you find out your neighbors dog may have chewed the cable wires!! So what did I learn from this?...maybe I need to not be so attached to my computer! hmmm.....naaaa!!
Ok....How cute is this treat box? When I saw the Summer Picnic paper one of the first things I thought of was a treat container filled with these gummy cherries. They match the paper perfectly...plus who doesn't love a gummy cherry? The only thing that bugs me...which I was afraid of when I had the idea is that the gummies gunk up the acetate...so you have to put them in and then leave 'em alone. It still looks cute though. On the top of the box I punched a circle from the cherry paper with just one cherry on it and I used Crystal Effects to make the cherry shine. I also used my crop-a-dile to emboss the scallop.
what' in it?...
paper...real red, old olive, Summer Picnic dsp
accessories...acetate, crystal effects

other...crop-a-dile, sticky strip tape, scallop punch, 1 1/2 & 1 1/4 inch circle punch, giga square punch




I also made a couple of cards for upcoming birthdays. I did a girl & a boy one. I used the Birthday Whimsy set which is available in the Sale-a-bration catty. The boy one I have made before, I just used a different color combo this time...I got the card idea from Kristina. The girl one I just cut out balloons, added cord for the string and popped them up on dimensionals. Super easy and super quick cards today!
Thanks for stopping by!!!
what' in it?... {boy}
stamps...Birthday Whimsy, Spunky Spots jumbo wheel

paper...basic gray, pumpkin pie, bashful blue, whisper white

ink...basic gray, pumpkin pie, bashful blue, wild wasabi
accessories...pumpkin brad, wild wasabi ribbon

other...dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig

what's in it?... {girl}
stamps...Birthday Whimsy, Spunky Spots jumbo wheel

paper...regal rose, lavendar lace, basic grey, whisper white

ink...regal rose, lavendar lace, basic grey, wild wasabi
accessories...silver brad, purple ribbon, silver cord, star dust stickles

other...dimensionals

5 comments:

Tiya-B said...

I love this blog and all your 'quick' examples.
You are a great card maker.

Anonymous said...

Great box and wonderful card!
Hugs and smiles

Catherine said...

all cards are cute!

Tonya Klar said...

I am all over this gummy cherry box! I love love love me some gummy cherries and I will definitely be making MYSELF (!) one of these!!

LuvCraftn said...

I love the boy birthday card! Great color combos and it looks pretty easy. :-)