Sunday, June 29, 2008

i did it!

I was able to stamp a little for fun tonight! yeah!! and after a great Sunday afternoon nap! I decided to do Taylor's challenge since time is almost up for that! I was inspired by Angie, she has been using her sets that are about to retire...this pirate set isn't retiring but is going into "hiding". I haven't used it in forever! I stamped the little pirate and his treasure chest in staz-on black and colored him in with markers and blender pens and ink pads. I rolled out my map and crumpled it, sponged it, colored it, tore it...anything to make it look old! I stamped an extra lid to the chest and cut it out and popped it on dimensionals so the lid could be open with treasure falling out. For the gold coins I just colored saffron marker on some so saffron paper and punched out circles with my hole punch. I used my stylus to make indents on them so they would look old and then I added crystal effects to them so they would shine like gold! That's about it! Have a great start to your week! {sorry the pics aren't so great it was dark when I took them}
chat at ya later!
what's in it?...
stamps...Ahoy Matey, Matey's Map (jumbo wheel)

paper...kraft, close to cocoa, night of navy, so saffron, whisper white

ink...close to cocoa, creamy caramel, chocolate chip, so saffron, black staz-on, real red, night of navy, black, going gray, old olive

accessories...navy ribbon, pewter brads, crystal effects
other...stamp-a-ma-jig, circle punches, distresser, dimensionals

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Wow! This is fabulous!! Such great details! Love how you antiqued the map and the gold coins you made are amazing! YOu should take a nap more often! hee! hee!

Taylor said...

Sooo cool! Love how you used the map as the awning! And it all looks so perfectly aged! Thanks for playing the challenge!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

That would make a really cute birthday party invite. I can already picture the treasure hunt and the cake. Would also be fun for a backyard summer theme party. :)