Friday, January 11, 2008

bursting hearts

Ok...so have been over to Laurie's blog?...Just Give Me Stamps. She made the cutest valentines card with a new set from Verve Visual {titled Wild Thing}. I of course do not have that set but her card was so cute I wanted to case it...but I made do with some random heart stamps I have. I used the same colors cuz I loved the dark and light together. I used my mini envelope template to make the envelope that the hearts are coming out of. I used hearts from 3 different sets. I added some cute paper flowers I found at the Target dollar spot. The ribbon is some I got from my friend Tiffany. I tied a knot through the center of the flower at the bottom of the envelope. I don't have any valentiney sentiments so I used the word "cherish". I have to say...I only looked at Laurie's card once and then I wanted to make my own and not completely copy hers...so I worked really hard to keep myself from going to the computer to check out the card until I was done with mine...I think Laurie's is cuter....but I am happy with the way this one turned out too! Thanks for stopping by!! TGIF...thank goodness it's Friday...I am ready to sleep in tomorrow!! :)
what's in it?...
stamps...Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Simply Said, Priceless, Time Well Spent, Warm Words
paper...purely pomegranate, pretty in pink, whisper white
ink...
purely pomegranate, pretty in pink
accessories...white polka dot ribbon, pink paper flowers, white brads, diamond stickles

other...stamp-a-ma-jig, mini envelope template, dimensionals, corner rounder

6 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

What a GREAT Valentine's card!! It's just bursting with love! =) Love all those hearts and flowers mixed together!

Debby Winters said...

This is so very pretty. I love the pink and those hearts and flowers are so cute together.

Anonymous said...

GREAT Card!!!!!
I may have to case this myself.....except for the pink thing of course....lol!!!!

Anonymous said...

GREAT Card!!!!!
I may have to case this myself.....except for the pink thing of course....lol!!!!

corinnesomerville said...

Love this !!! It's really beautiful !!!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Adorable card...Love it!!