Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sympathy Card

Good Wednesday Afternoon!!!
This is my very first sympathy card I have ever made. Unfortunately I have needed them in the past but I never wanted to make one. I always felt more comfortable letting Hallmark do it! I decided to just bite the bullet and get the Thoughts and Prayers set. I loved all the sentiments and the tree is one of my favorite images! This came together quicker and easier than I thought it would. I wish I didn't need these in my stash...but I do so I guess I will be making a few more. I colored the tree with my chocolate chip and mellow moss markers. I was super impressed with myself after I was finished the card I realized I am capable of making a card that looks nice without ribbon! I didn't know it could be done! ;)
Have a fabulous day!! chat at ya later!
what's in it?...
stamps...Thoughts and Prayers

paper...chocolate chip, kraft, baja breze, whisper white, Parisian Breeze dsp

ink...chocolate chip; chocolate chip, mellow moss markers

accessories...pewter brads

other...stamp-a-ma-jig, oval and scallop oval punch, dimensionals

4 comments:

Mel B. said...

This is so pretty! I love that set especially the tree.

Angie Tieman said...

Very nice card! Love that strip across it and the torn, rumpled bottom edge!

Taffy said...

This is awesome! I love it. I hope you don't mind, i found you on SU while i was looken for some inspiration for a card for my nephew's bday. Found your blog and i'm so diggen on it.

I added you to my blog site. hope you didn't mind. Great info! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice card. I have never felt comfortable making a sympathy card either. Great job.

Kristen in Katy