Monday, December 8, 2008

Reindeer Pouch

Good Monday Morning! So this morning I woke up with one swollen eyelid and it hurts to blink. {and let me tell ya...it's oh so pretty!!} I am not sure what the deal is I am keeping an "eye" on it though! ha!
Alright....let me start by saying that I am way too impressed with myself. I made this little reindeer pouch all by myself...no caseing! I am sure that I am not the only one who came up with this cuz it's pretty basic but I am just so pleased with myself none the less!! :) I saw a little foam reindeer face at Michaels and I thought I can do that with paper...and so I did! I used my pennant die cut for the face. I punched out circles for the nose and eyes. I put some crystal effects on Rudolph's nose to make it shine just the right amount! :) I drew the antlers and cut them out and adhered them to the inside of the pouch. The little holly leaves...I started with a little rectangle piece of paper and then I used my 1/2 in. circle punch and punched all the sides to get pointed leaves. I used dew drops for the holly berries. I added some paper shred and then it's ready for fillin'! I had candy in it ...but that was a few days ago and well...I ate it...I waited too many days to take a picture! I came up with this as one of the projects for Crafty Friday. Tyson and Kyler's classes will be making these this Friday. I had so much fun making santa ornaments last week with the kids.
Ok...enough babble from me! Have a great day...thanks for coming by!
chat at ya later.
what's in it?...
paper...Ski Slope dsp, white

accessories...dew drops, chocolate twill ribbon, crystal effects

other...paper shred, 1 inch, 3/4 inch, 1/4 inch circle punches, sticky strip, Big Shot, pennant die cut

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such cute and fun projects! This reindeer pouch and the tree skewers are fantastic!

Linda McClain said...

Eye think your project is eye-dylic and eye-mazing - sorry, couldn't resist. Seriosly, it's adorable. Hope you're feeling better soon.

MEL said...

Oh Tara, this is the sweetest little reindeer ever! I may need to make some of those! ;)

Angie Tieman said...

Okay, WAY cute!! You totally rock! I hope your eye is okay and I hope it's not pink eye...you said you've been working with the kids for crafty Fridays and they are little germ infestations! lol!

Priscilla said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute! You should be very pleased with yourself! Thanks for sharing. :o)

Jeni said...

This is so fun! You always make the most cute things.

I love those candy skewers too. Those would be cute to have my kids give there friends and mine too!

Anonymous said...

So cute! All I can say is I wish you had posted this before I went shopping for the candy skewer materials! Now I have to go back to the craft store. What a bummer. ;) Thanks for all your tempting ideas!

Angel said...

tooooo cute!! such a cool little gift bag! oh, and i'm a New Year's baby!

Whitney Richardson said...

This is so cool! I am searching the gallery now for a project for my daughters class and this is too cute.Thank you for your time to blog it!!And the directions!!