Thursday, March 20, 2008

a color inspiration card


I unexpectedly had the house to myself last night for a little bit and so what do you think I did with my quiet time?...well stamp of course and turn up my Michael Buble!!! Music, stampin' and a diet coke! Life is pretty good! :) I made a card for Kristina's color inspiration challenge she has on her blog. These were fun colors but not anything I would have ever put together if I hadn't been challenged too! I used my Cuttlebug again and did the new technique I learned about inkin' up the folder before running your paper through! This time I used another new folder I have...swiss dots. I used groovy guava ink on blush blossom paper. I never use blush blossom...but I have to say paired up with the guava...it's pretty! I used my little bird from the Pun Fun set and colored him with my so saffron marker. I added some striped wild wasabi ribbon and a sentiment and I was done.
{{{big hugz}}}
what's in it?...
stamps...Pun Fun, Eat Cake (sentiment)
paper...groovy guava, wild wasabi, so saffron, blush blossom, whisper white
ink...groovy guava, wild wasabi, groovy guava, basic black; so saffrom marker
accessories...wild wasabi striped ribbon
other...dimensionals, stamp-a-ma-jig, cuttlebug & embossing folder, blender pen

6 comments:

Sarah Bloom said...

"Music, stampin' and a diet coke! Life is pretty good!" I totally know what you mean - for me its a movie, candlelight, and ice cream. :-)

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card! Love the bird with those colors! I know what you mean about stamping with your diet coke...mine is Diet Vanilla Pepsi!

Corie said...

This is just adorable!!

Cassie said...

Hi Tara! I found your blog through the KWerner color challenge! Love this card - it is waaay cute!!
I was just in Katy a few weeks ago visiting my aunt...so that just popped out at me!

Traveling Mama said...

What a cute card! And how better to make one than alone with Michael Buble and a diet coke?!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara!

I'm so excited to have found your blog. I'm Andy's mom from down the street. Your blog rocks!!!!