Thursday, July 31, 2008

a double challenge

Ok some back schtuff then the card schtuff...I got a phone call from the doctor...finally! I have a tailbone that is too angled. There isn't anything that can really be done except what I am doing already...muscle relaxers,naproxon and then if necessary physical therapy! Because the bone is angled more than it should be the muscles can become tight and stiff and that's why I had the muscle spasm. I have felt really good today so far (that's why I stamped a card) so I am hopeful...I think it's gonna all be ok! Thanks for your well wishes and concern!!! :)
Ok card schtuff...I made this card for two of the Splitcoast challenges...the layout and the "use up your scraps". I stuck with the blue/green colors again cuz I just really like 'em! I stamped my paper randomly with stamps from the Simply Said set then cut it into 1 inch strips. I added the heart and sentiment from the same set and a little olive ribbon...easy, peasy!
Oh...anyone else getting excited to see the new Stampin' Up! catty?...I am!! I can't wait to see some of the fun new schtuff to play with!
Have a fantabulous Thursday!!!
chat at ya later!
what's in it?...
stamps...Simply Said, Priceless
paper...night of navy, old olive, bashful blue, whisper white
ink...night of navy, old olive, bashful blue
accessories...olive brads, olive ribbon
other...stamp-a-ma-jig, color spritzer, dimensionals

9 comments:

Sara said...

this is so cute! I absolutely love everything about it!

Laurel said...

Love it! Great job on the random stamping - I wanted to get some of that paper until I read you had stamped it!

MEL said...

Too, too cute! Love those colors together!

Anonymous said...

Love your card. Like Laurel said I wondered what brand of paper you used. Great use of the stamp set. Love your color scheme too. As for yourself aren't you glad they finally came up with something even though it probably wasn't the answer you wanted. Just keep up with what you are doing and the rest will come out with the wash. Take care of yourself. Linda

Anonymous said...

Hey there Tara! It really is just sickening that you are so crafty. I can't even get glitter to stick to glue. Ha ha. I love all of the card sets and the bucket of flowers.

How do I look at pictures of the stamps that you have for sale?

See ya soon!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors and that layout is just so neat. Thanks for sharing.

And good luck on the back issues. I can definately speak from some experience back pain is no fun. I just had surgery this past March. The spasms are the worst. Sending good thoughs your way, hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

This is so stinking cute! Another great blue/green creation -- my fav. Glad to hear you are feeling better!

TamTam said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better, if it isn't one thing its another, isn't it? You do such adorable stuff, can't wait to mooch your creativity and schtuff! Love you all.

Angie Tieman said...

This is gorgeous!! With these colors and layout, you have made this "old" set look chic and happening again!! Sorry to hear about your tailbone, sounds very ouchy! I think you need to drop the kids off somewhere and come to Dallas to check out the new SU catalog and stamp with me and my new sets! It will make you feel much better! lol!