Friday, July 11, 2008

using up leftovers

Happy Friday to all you out there! Sad Friday for me...Shawners is leaving tonight for Indonesia and won't be back for 10 days!! We are going to spend the day together though so at least there is that! I made this card for the 2 sketches 4 you challenge. I was trying to use up some leftover card stuff from my eScape night. I am not quite sure I like this card yet which is why I didn't post it yesterday...but when I woke up and saw it again this morning it wasn't as bad as I remembered it, so I figured it might keep growing on me. I colored in my flowers with markers and added stickles to all the middles. I might try this sketch again, cuz I love the sketch!! Maybe what threw me was using up my leftovers!
I'm off to hang out with the fam for the day!
chat at ya later...
what's in it?...
stamps...Simply Said
paper...bashful blue, so saffron, certainly celery, white, Cutie Pie dsp
ink...black, markers; bashful blue, certainly celery, so saffron, rose red
accessories...rose & saffron buttons, blue gingham ribbon, diamond stickles
other...stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, circle punches

10 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute! Good for you for using up your leftovers!! Love that bottom row on the card! Sorry to hear your man is leaving for 10 days, bummer! Hopefully it will go by fast!

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

LOVE IT! I totally love all the different colors in this card and the ribbon. Totally cute.

Jeni said...

Love the way you used the circles! I will give that a try.

Mauna said...

Great job on the sketch. Love the circles you did. It's always great to have a way to use scraps!!

Unknown said...

Oh CRAP that card would have been perfect for my thank yous- how much is that one and are you making more?

Unknown said...

this is darling Tara - love the circle border and the colors are great too :)

Kath Stewart said...

This is such a beautiful card Tara - love the colours you have used and your circle border
Love
kath
xxxx

Lori K said...

I really like the summery colors and the circles. Outstanding card!

barb mann said...

Love all your cards Tara. My favorite part of this one is the row of circles. Love how you can add so many cute DP prints on one card! Very Cute!

Rosanne said...

very lovely card!