Saturday, July 12, 2008

a Friday challenge

I had to find something to do to pass the time last night without my hubby here...so I decided to do Taylor's Friday cupcake challenge. Although as you can see I went a slightly different direction than cupcakes!! I really need to stock up on some cupcake stamps though cuz I LOVE cupcakes!!! I inked up my bronc buster guy and embossed him with black powder. I did lots of sponging and distressing...I always seem to do that when I use this set cuz cowboys just seem to give off that very cool, dusty & distressed look! I added black brads that I sanded down a little and added some twine and made it into a lasso. I left the sentiment off so that I can add one when when I need it. Thanks for coming by today! I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!!
chat at ya later!!!
what's in it?...
stamps...Bronc Buster

paper...sage shadow, creamy caramel, close to cocoa

ink...versamark, close to cocoa, creamy caramel

accessories...black brads, twine, black ep

other...stamp-a-ma-jig, sanding block, sponge, color spritzer, heat tool, distresser, star punch

7 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Great card! Your sponging and distressing really do achieve that wild west look! Perfect for a Texas girl!

Anonymous said...

This card is so cool! I love the distressed look and the embellies you used! Stop by my blog, I have an award for you!

heart2stamp said...

This is the best card I have seen with this stamp set! Love it - you did an awesome job!!

Tiffany said...

THis is such a great MANLY card, I love the distressing and roughness!! Sorry Shawners is gone, :( I feel your pain, Robert has been gone for 3 weeks now.. Hopefully they will both be home soon enough! Tiff

Rhonda Kelly said...

Great card. You did a wonderful job on this one. TFS

Taylor said...

What a great card! Love the lasso detail!

Linda McClain said...

Oh wow, you really nailed it. Your distressing is just amazing. What a fantastic card.