Monday, July 14, 2008

hello chick

Good Monday morning to all you out there!! Can I just say that waking up Monday morning with no alarm clock has got to be one of my most favorite things!! Nothing can start the week off better than waking up when you want to!! My kids are angels and help each each other out in the mornings and I usually get about a 1/2 - 1 extra hour after they have woke up to sleep!!! I know they enjoy it too...cuz that means some extra cartoon time before chores have to be started! Anyway...on to some card details. I made this last night before I went to bed...I just love this little bird!! I wanted to use some of my fall flowers dsp...I haven't used it in forever. I made a 5 1/4 square card. I used my oval nestabilities die for the scalloped oval and my oval cutter for the white oval. I colored the chick in with my blender pens and ink pads. I added stardust stickles to the middles of all the flowers on the dsp to give it a little sparkle. I used some of my styled silver hardware that I have been hoarding {sheepish grin}. I am getting better though..I hope that they put some of that in the new catalog!! I added some ribbon & dew drops to the corners and that's about it!
Have a wonderful Monday!!...hope your week is off to a great start too!!
chat at ya later...
what's in it?...
stamps...Hello Chick (stampendous)

paper...sahara sand, old olive, soft sky, whisper white, fall flowers dsp
ink...soft sky, old olive, apricot appeal, barely banana, black

accessories...olive ribbon, styled silver hardware, dew drops, stardust stickles

other...stamp-a-ma-jig, oval nestabilities, cuttlebug, dimensionals, oval cutter (cm)

6 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute card! Good for you for using the silver hardware, I'm impressed! Don't think I've been able to do that yet! lol! So glad you got some extra sleep time too!

Tina said...

Great minds must think alike, I just received this stamp last week and was getting ready to use it in a card tonight. Yours is fab!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this card! I am always looking for ways to use cute paper without covering it all up with other layers. This is simple, but not too simple, if you know what I mean.

Kim said...

This little chick is adorable, as is the card

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

This card is so cute. It has sort of an old time feel to it, but its also modern at the same time. As always, love how you use ribbon.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to be able to play quietly while we sleep in. That has to be wonderful.

Your card is adorable! I have so much of this paper left that you have inspired me to pull it out and use it up.

Jenn