Wednesday, July 23, 2008

some new rubbah!!

***It's Friday afternoon...I just wanted to let you all know that it will be a few days before I am back up & stamping!! I have a muscle spasm in my lower back & it isn't letting me get much of anything done!!! I am waiting to hear back from the doctor about the results of my x-rays. Thanks for stoppin' in & for all the lovely comments you have been leaving! ...chat at ya later!!!*** :)
Hi friends!! Happy Wednesday morning to you! I got a few new things from Mr. Brown last night so I couldn't resist playing a little. I think of all the new In Colors that Stampin' Up! will be debuting in August Baja Breeze is my favorite! I love this new hostess set as well. (customers can earn this cute set when the new catalog is out on August 11th) Ok I am going to get right to card deets cuz I need to go get my nails done...they are not looking so great!
I stamped the window image in black staz-on. I cut out the shutters and popped them up a little to make them stand out from the window. I cut out the windows with my hobby blade and put acetate behind it so it looked like a window. The apricot piece in the upper window is supposed to be like a window shade. I stamped the little flowers and also cut out the vases and popped them up a little behind the acetate. I also added the bird at the last minute and covered him with crystal effects. I have to say I LOVE this color combo too!! Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
chat at ya later
what's in it?...
stamps...Window Dressing, You Make Me Happy (shade background)
paper...baja breeze, apricot appeal, certainly celery, old olive, whisper white, acetate
ink...baja breeze, apricot appeal, certainly celery, old olive, regal rose, going gray, black staz-on
accessories...apricot brads, crystal effects, rose ribbon
other...scallop punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals, hobby blade, blender pens,paper piercer

7 comments:

Tina said...

So adorable, I love the window shade! :)

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

How awesome that you put something on the window so its actually reflective and looks "real".

Nancy Riley said...

So cute, Tara! I love the colors and the acetate for the window! Clever!

Anonymous said...

I love what you did with the window and acetate! Fab as usual!!

Tiffany said...

Okay I haven't been really sold on this set until I saw your darling card! I might just have to get my order placed and get it ASAP!! Hugs,Tiff

Anonymous said...

I love your new banner! The acetate window is such a great touch! Your timw was well spent cutting out all of the shapes! Love it!

corinnesomerville said...

I LOVE this new hostess set and your card is ADORABLE !!!!!!!