Tuesday, July 15, 2008

halloween in July?...

Were you wondering what was going on?...seeing a Halloween card in the smack dab middle of July? Well I just got a crazy idea yesterday and so I ran with it! I made this card for the 2 sketches 4 you challenge. I love this layout...simple but so different with the scalloped edge hanging over a little. I used colors I hardly ever use...I pulled them from my Doodlebug paper...and it worked! How can you ever go wrong using Doodlebug...everything they make is darling!! I didn't do any stamping on the card. I used some glittery black stickers from making memories for the "boo!" and I used cardstock stickers from Doodlebug for the stars and bat. Hope you like my July Halloween card! ...sorta makes me wish it was fall...sorta! Have a terrific rest of your Tuesday!!
chat at ya later!
what's in it?...
paper...green galore, only orange, lovely lilac, doodlebug dsp

ink...only orange

accessories...black brads, black double stitch ribbon, cardstock stickers, alphabet stickers
other...paper piercer & mat pack, corner rounder, dimensionals

17 comments:

Jeni said...

You are my kind of girl...I just designed my Halloween card on Sat. I had just gotten some new rusty pickle paper and could wait. And I started my Christmas cards on Father's Day night. Love it. This is very cute!

Laura Davis said...

Tara,
This is DARLING!!! I love it so simple and cute! I love Halloween:) Thanks for playing:)
Laura

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

Its so fun that Halloween isn't just black and orange anymore. Love the purple and green!

marcibun said...

This is a really cute card! I love that you chose Halloween :)

Lea L. said...

Cute little Halloween card! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Anonymous said...

So cute!! Love the pp! :)

Linda McClain said...

Oh, I love Halloween! It's never too early in my book. Your card is adorable!

~Tammy~ said...

too cute!

Angie Tieman said...

Tara, this is precious!! So bright and fun! Love the sparkley boo! Great job with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

I adore Halloween cards! I love this one! The paper is awesome!!

Kath Stewart said...

wow love this card - the bright colours are fabulous and it is so much fun
kath
xxx

danni reid. said...

run with it EVERY time, this is AWESOME!

Pamela Smerker said...

this is too stinkin' cute! I love that you ran with the idea...never to early for a holiday that celebrates candy! LoL! Thanks for sharing!!

Lori K said...

So fun! This is a SPOOKtacular card!

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love Halloween cards -- they are just so much fun to make -- an excuse to be fun and silly. Love your scallops and ribbon.

Eveline said...

Tara, I made a Christmas card for last weeks sketch, Halloween cards are not that strange. I love Doodlebug and I love your card.
Eveline.

TesaB said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love the way you've used the sketch!