Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a boy card

I am actually sitting in my computer chair and not kneeling at the computer...so there is hope for me yet! I am not completely better but I defiantly feel better and everyday my back isn't in quite as much pain as the day before! yippee!! :) Who knows...maybe I will be able to sit long enough to do some stamping soon!!
I thought I would share this card that I demo'd at my last Stamp Club. The girl who was the hostess asked if I could show some masculine cards...she said she feels like everything is girlie and I agreed...sometimes boy cards are hard to come by! This was a fairly simple card. I stamped the image on vanilla cardstock and attached it behind the close to cocoa piece. I used my hobby blade to cut out a rectangle...I just eyeballed it. I cut it smaller then the image and then I tore it the rest of the way to the size I wanted. I did a little sponging and added a star and a brad. I also added a jumbo eyelet and a piece of taupe ribbon.
thanks for stopping by and all the nice comments you have left...it's nice to know ya'll are so sweet and cared about how I was doing!!!
chat at ya later...
what's in it?...
stamps...Bronc Buster

paper...close to cocoa, chocolate chip, very vanilla

ink...close to cocoa, chocolate chip

accessories...jumbo pewter eyelet, pewter brad, taupe ribbon

other...star punch, crop-a-dile, sponge, hobby blade, dimesionals

2 comments:

MEL said...

I love this card Tara! It's even better in person. I came home after our meeting and made one. I didn't want to forget how to make it so I cased this card right away. Thanks for all the ideas on making guy cards.

Angie Tieman said...

This is a great masculine card!! I love that star in the middle and how you placed the jumbo eyelet with the ribbon! Fantastic!