Monday, August 6, 2007

Beate's Sketch Challenge


Well...I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I did! My hubby has returned from his 50-mile backpacking trip with the scouts! (14-17 yr old boys) He came home unharmed & happy (just a little scruffier) with lots of stories!..and we were happy to have him back!

This weekend I stumbled across Beate's blog and boy is it cute!! I must be the only one who didn't know about it! :) If you are one of the few like me who haven't seen her blog...go check it out, she as great stuff! She had a sketch challenge and I decided to take it on! It's a really different and fun way to make a card besides the normal "fold a sheet of card stock in half" way. I used my Bronc Buster set again...and my Cosmo Cricket paper from their "Wanted" collection. (luv it) I used my star punch on a sheet of the patterned paper too. The sentiment is from the paper pack...I just cut it down to size. I am definitely going to be using this layout to create more cards!! Have a great week!!!
what's in it?...
stamps...Bronc Buster
paper...chocolate chip, very vanilla, Cosmo Cricket Wanted collection
ink...close to cocoa, creamy caramel
accessories...brads, twill tape
other...sponge, Fiskars star punch

7 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card!! Love the stars and the worn-looking twill tape, great touches! Haven't tried that sketch yet, maybe I should get on it!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love your twill tape, the saying, the paper and the set you chose. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and trying out that sketch. Have a great week. Hugs and smiles

mum-on-the-run said...

Love your take on Beate's sketch!!

Great card :)

LeAnne said...

Love this card! You did a great job!

corinnesomerville said...

Simply said.....WOW!!!

Tiffany said...

I LOVE it!! These are adorable, I guess I need to head over there and find the SC and get busy. That may just be what I need to find my Mojo.. It's been disappearing ALOT lately!!
Tiff

Karen said...

Great take on the sketch!