Thursday, August 30, 2007

a shower invite

Ok so I made some changes to the baby shower invitation.. it just didn't look quite right to me and so I tweaked it a little. I decided to do the invites in pretty in pink instead of regal rose...just seemed more appropriate to me. I also thought the black 'your invited' seemed to harsh and so I chose Old Olive instead. I did away with the brads (even though they are super cute) and opted for piercing holes in each scallop of the rectangle. I think everything else is pretty much the same. If you want all the card details they are at the bottom below the old pic...what do you think?....are the changes better? :)
Here are a couple things I was able to make last night...things got a little to crazy to post them though..sorry 'bout that. The first one is a baby shower invitation. Do you like it? I used my 'just arrived in the mail about 30 seconds earlier' Paper Tray stamp set!! It's my first Papertrey Ink set...I love how many things you can do with it...lots and lots of sentiments! The invite is actually just a postcard type...with all the info on the back.
what's in it?...
stamps...Event Full, Paper Tray, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
paper...regal rose, whisper white, certainly celery, barely banana, pretty in pink
ink...regal rose, certainly celery, black, old olive
accessories...white button brads, rose "fat" 5/8 ribbon
other...blender pens, marvy giga rectangle scallop punch, paper piercer & mat pack

6 comments:

Dottie K. said...

This is just darling. Love the teacher gift - so cute. I'm going to try one of those tins. :)

Anonymous said...

Tara,
I love this one, it is darling, great colors and details! Looks like you're having fun. The pictures of the kids are darling. I hope school went well this week!! Love you all.

Angie Tieman said...

You are sooo good! And sooo nice! What a great teacher gift, it's so cute and you're so thoughtful!! The invite is super cute too, love the colors and the combination!

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Those are so cute!
I love your work, very nice choice of colors... :-)

Anonymous said...

Great idea Tara!!! Very Nice!
Love thoes shower invites!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your creations they are wonderful. Love your card. They are all so cute1