Sunday, August 26, 2007

cutest backpack!!

Is this the cutest backpack you have ever seen?...or what? :) I cased this from "rainy" over at Splitcoast Stampers. She has great cards and does beautiful work. Which is why she is part of the Dirty Dozen over at SCS...if you haven't joined the fan club you should...this is where I found the cute backpack card! Anyway...I changed mine a little bit from the original. I just cut and tweaked (a little trial and error) to make my own template for the backpack. I used twill tape sponged in Night of Navy for the straps, which are attached between the navy and a piece of kraft on the inside so you can still open and close the card. (see pic below) I pierced all over the whole thing and did faux stitching with a black pen. I am going to make these for the kiddos teachers, since Monday is the first day of school!! I am going to change the name to make it their own though! ;) Have a great Sunday!!
what's in it?... stamps...Canvas background
paper...night of navy, brocade blue, kraft, white
ink...night of navy
accessories...silver brads, twill tape
other...paper piercer & mat pack, black marker, 1 1/4 square punch, corner rounder, sponge, computer, font from Creating Keepsakes

3 comments:

Donna C. said...

This is just toooo cute! I am a teacher and have several teacher friends. This idea will really come in handy!

Donna
http://rubystamper.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That is absolutly Adorable tara!!! Great Job!!! I am working on Teacher gifts today too!!

corinnesomerville said...

Oh my gosh....this is so sweet !!! You did a fabulous job on it.