Wednesday, August 29, 2007

a sketch challenge

This is a card I made for a sketch challenge on Julee's blog Poetic Artistry. Check out her blog it's great!! I have been wanting to use this little truck for a while and just haven't yet. It has been in the neglected pile for a long time now!! My color inspiration was from Corinne at Stamping with Roxy (I also used her cool ribbon tying trick too!!). She made a cute card with the brown, olive & guava. I threw in blue cuz I just needed one more color! I am going to make another card with this color combo...I LOVE IT!! It's so pretty! :) I colored the truck with my blender pens and I layered, inked edges and distressed all over the card. Underneath all the brads I punched a little circle with my regular ol' paper punch just to jazz them up a bit. I used my chocolate "fat" ribbon cuz any excuse to put it on a card is a good one! Enjoy...I will have at least one more post later this evening and maybe 2! So check back in when you get a minute! (oh sorry the pic is a little dark...it's raining and dark outside so it's the best I could get...what are ya gonna do?) Thanks for stoppin' by today! :)
what's in it?
stamps...Loads of Love
paper...chocolate chip, soft sky, old olive, groovy guava, very vanilla
ink...chocolate chip, soft sky, old olive, groovy guava, going grey
accessories...silver brads, chocolate "fat" 5/8 ribbon
other...paper punch, circle cutter, blender pens, dimensionals

3 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I haven't seen this stamp set used in awhile...I have always loved this set...may need to go dig it out! Great job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such an adorable card. I love those little brads down the side. Thanks for playing my challenge! :)

Tiffany said...

Sorry I've been MIA, Im still checking in and all your stuff is So Beautiful, just like always..
Tiff