Monday, August 20, 2007

crazy weekend!

It's been a few days since I posted anything cuz it's been so crazy busy here! We had our annual tax free shopping this weekend in Texas, so the kids and I ventured out to get all the school clothes they needed! We spent 8 hours shopping...till we literally dropped! We were all soooo tired when we got home! We found everything we needed though and we had a fun day together. We only had a few hours to rest though cuz then we were getting ready for the much anticipated High School Musical 2 party!! We had 15 kids comin' to watch and sleepover! {It was a moment of insanity when I agreed to it!!} :) It was really fun and all the kids were great it's just that they stayed up ALL night long. So we spent Sat. and Sun. recuperating **Anyway...on to card stuff! This is a card I made for Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I need a few baby cards so I made this one to fit the challenge. I choose the colors using my SU color coach...I'm not sure what I think of them yet...it's not a combo I would've chosen but it is kinda growin' on me. I used the retired Baby Talk set. I love the phone cord comin' out of the stroller. I used my Cuttlebug then sponged the embossed paper with pink to soften it a bit. I added some 'bling' cuz even baby girls need bling! :) Thanks for stopping by...Have a FABULOUS week!!
what's in it?...
stamps...Baby Talk
paper...pretty in pink, perfect plum, so saffron, whisper white
ink...pretty in pink, perfect plum, so saffron, basic black
accessories...pink button brads (making memories), gemstones, pink ribbon
other...blender pens, stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge, Cuttlebug I was able to sit for another minute while my boys were playing in the sprinkler...(gotta love that the stamp table is in a place where I can watch the kids from the window!) and do this card for the "Try a New Technique" challenge today at Splitcoast. It was so easy and fast. It gave me a chance to use my new Giga Scallop Square Punch! it is the coolest thing....when they say Giga, they mean Giga, the thing is HUGE!! :) I kept the card simple and used one little stamp from the Priceless set. I added a rhinestone brad and some silver cord and 'whalla'!
what's in it?...
stamps...Priceless
paper...very vanilla, Sleigh Bells/Pine Basic Grey Fruitcake collection
ink...ruby red
accessories...green 'ice' rhinestone brad, silver cord
other...giga scallop square punch, 1 1/4 square punch, slit punch

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tara, your card is so cute! Thanks so much for playing with the sketch. Hugs and smiles

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

The phone cord is sooo cute.

Now about that sleep over...oh man, you are brave! :)

Angie Tieman said...

Cute cards! Love that Fruitcake paper...think I have some of that tucked away somewhere! Love the baby card too, those cute brads and Cuttlebug embossing are fab!

Anonymous said...

I am off to try thoes challenges right now! I LOVE what you did with them!!!!