Wednesday, October 29, 2008

happy turkey day

How cute is this little guy? I snagged this idea from the October issue of Stampin' Success {it's a monthly magazine you get if you are a Stampin' Up! demonstrator} He is made entirely from punches. This was super simple to make. The kids saw me making this and they have insisted I show them how so that they can make some of their own turkey cards! I think I am going to use this to make place settings for Thanksgiving dinner. The "happy thanksgiving" is a rub on from Seasonal Sayings. I have tried doing a tutorial once before and it wasn't that great...but I will try to do one for this just to show you how to fold the scalloped circle to get the cute layered feathers...in case you want to make your own turkey!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!
chat at ya later!
what's in it?...
stamps...Seasonal Icons

paper...pumpkin pie, old olive, ruby red, chocolate chip, close to cocoa, more mustard, black, whisper white

ink...close to cocoa

accessories...Seasonal Sayings Rub-Ons, chocolate double stitched ribbon

other...dimensionals, bone folder, rub-on tool, punches: scallop circle, 1 3/8 circle, 3/4 circle, 1/4 circle, 3/4 square, three for you, 1/8 circle

3 comments:

Sara said...

this is adorable! I saw this in the ss magazine too! yours turned out so cute!

Jeni said...

Yes, super cute!

I made those spiders out of punches that you showed. I love all your ideas! thank you

Angie Tieman said...

How sweet!! So cool the kids could do it too! I received my Stampin' Success yesterday but haven't even opened it, guess I better get to it! TFS!